My Nail Routine...Sort of

  


In this post I just wanted to mention a few products I like to use for my daily and weekly nail care routine. Now you would think I would have crazy long gorgeous nails but I really struggle with growing out my nails because they are brittle and weak despite multiple vitamins and supplements I take on top of my daily nail care. I want to go deeper into my nail journey in another post but for now I wanted to show you just some of the products and even my favorite DIY stuff. This will be a general overview of the products I have.

BASE COATS

NOURISHING:


These products are supposed to protect and nourish your nails while protecting your hooves from the damaging effects and staining that can often occur from just wearing nail polish. As you can see from the image above, there are so many different formulas that all do different things. You have to choose which one is right for you or use multiple coats of whichever you want. I usually use two coats, one of each of the nourishing ones and then one coat of a hardener on top. One thin layer of each should help create the perfect protective barrier for your nails.

HARDENING:


As implied by their names and formulas, these bad boys are meant to give you rock hard nails which for most, will help promote growth because they will break less. Yet if you search the net you can find tons of resources that state the opposite. Some people thing that hard equals a higher potential for breakage so again, the type of base coats you choose to use is totally up to what you want to do. I have sooooooo many of these hardeners and I love them regardless what the opposers say.

EVERYTHING ELSE:


The "Everything Else" category includes that huge bottle of the PRO-FX multi purpose strengthener just because I forgot to put it in the picture with the hardeners so ooops! lol.... Ok so the rest of the stuff consists of anything that would be super hydrating to your nails and hands. Cuticle oils and creams and even petroleum jelly are really good to use to introduce moister back into your hand after dealing with acetone and other harshness that we inflict on ourselves in the pursuit of beautiful nails. This category is pretty self explanatory in my opinion. The products pictured here are some of the things I love to use. By the way, the little unmarked tub is a DIY cuticle balm that I made myself with some really awesome and easy to find ingredients. Please look forward to my tutorial for how you can make your very own super moisturizing formula. You WILL thank me dammit, I assure you hehe!


XOXO


Mari

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!