Shattered Glass Nails...


This manicure was inspired by the shattered glass look some Korean nail artists made super popular so I decided to have my newb butt give it a try. Ok so its not perfect but it came out better than I expected! First of all, most of the time I have see this technique of layering tiny strips or pieces of really thin celophane paper to the nails, they had used gel polish to seal in the paper and keep everything intact. Let me tell you, this was a pain to accomplish with just regular polish! A PAIN! Let alone it only lasted til the next day when my thumb literally peeled right off and the rest died off 1 by 1, it was pretty funny if you ask me.





The paper as thin as it is does not stick down very well despite the base color still being tacky or slightly wet. I do think the look is super pretty though so when I get some gel polishes, at the very least some gel top coats, I will definitely give this mani another go. If anyone has any tips on how to get the paper bits to lay flat please using regular polish, please let me know! Also let me know if you have tried this technique, I'd love to see it!

Products used: 

Nail-aid ~ Base coats pictured above
Sally Hansen ~ Snow globe, Flash-ionista, Miracle gel topcoat 
wet n wild ~ Stream of consciousness  
kleancolor ~ Aurora 
PRO-FX ~  sticky base coat, Supreme Gel top coat
Shatter Glass Holographic Paper

XOXO

Mari

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!